• Week 12 - GSoC 2020

    This is the final blog post highlighting the work done in the final week of Google Summer of Code program 2020. Merged PRs for this week: PR-19896: This PR added some other useful methods in the TransferFunction class. It was a part of the “other” functionality Jason wanted in this...

  • Week 11 - GSoC 2020

    Week 11 was spent mostly on applying suggestions from code review in the Transfer function matrix PR (19761). Prior to week 11, I was mostly involved in implementing a bunch of functionality but couldn’t add a good set of unit tests for that. So, I added tests for construction of...

  • Week 9 & 10 - GSoC 2020

    This blog post describes my progress in Weeks 9 and 10 of Google Summer of Code 2020. I ended up week 8 by making changes in the Parallel class to make support for MIMO transfer function interconnection. Week 9 I decided to do the similar thing for the Series class....

  • Week 8 - GSoC 2020

    This blog post describes my progress in week 8, the last week of Phase 2. Since we already have a SISO transfer function object available for block diagram algebra, so now, I thought of adding a MIMO transfer function object in this control systems engineering package. The way it works...

  • Week 6 & 7 - GSoC 2020

    Hi everyone :) Long time no see. First of all, GOOD NEWS: My PR on adding a SISO transfer function object is finally merged. Yay!! A robust transfer function object is now available for Single Input Single Output (SISO) block diagram algebra.. Here is the documentation. I ended up week...

  • Week 5 - GSoC 2020

    This blog post describes my progress in Week 5 of Google Summer of Code 2020! I ended up Week 4 by adding unit tests and a rough draft for Series and Parallel classes. Now in this week, to complete the implementation, we decided to add another class TransferFunctionExpr (like there...

  • Week 4 - GSoC 2020

    With this, the fourth week and phase 1 of GSoC 2020 is over. Here I will give you a brief summary of my progress this week. The initial days were spent mostly on modifying unit tests for Series and Parallel classes which I added in the previous week. I also...

  • Week 3 - GSoC 2020

    In the starting days of Week 3, I made further changes in the class level docstrings for TransferFunction after Jason and Nikhil reviewed the PR. Jason also mentioned that I had to add a new page in sympy docs which should include the purpose of adding a control package to...